Monday, October 7, 2013

SPARTA HOMECOMING!

 
This past week, Sparta Spartans have had their annual homecoming events.  It is the time of year for a week filled of fun and ending with a lot of school spirit.  This year our theme was decades!  The Seniors got the 80's, Juniors got the Roaring 20's, Sophomores go the 70's, and the Freshman got the 90's.  There are so many amazing things that go into Sparta's homecoming, it is almost impossible to fit all of the good times into one post, but I will try :) 

During the week of homecoming there are dress-up days: Monday is dress up from a decade day, Tuesday is crazy hair day, Wednesday is PJ day, Thursday, twin day, and Friday is class color day.  Friday has to be my favorite day of the week.  It is a day full of games, from the caterpillar to the orange pass, it is a great day!  It is Friday when all of the speeches are given from the homecoming court and the king and queen are announced at the game that night.  We also do a class dance called Mock Rock every year along with float building.  We also do a can food drive along with penny a point which is donated to charity. 

Mock Rock has been one of my favoirte parts of homecoming since I was a sophomore.  As you know, I am a dancer and love an opprotunity to dance and have fun with my classmates.  Mock Rock has allowed me to get involved in my school and get to know my peers better.  This years Mock Rock was a lot of fun when we danced to Michael Jackson's, "Thriller".  We also finished off the dance with Journey's, "Don't Stop Believin'".  I have had a blast working on Mock Rock for the past three years!

Another part of homecoming I look forward to is, of course, the football game!  I love the feeling of community you get at a Sparta football team.  There is a feeling of unity and pride when you are sitting in the bleachers cheering on your team to victory.  Sparta did win their homecoming game 41 to 14!  I am so proud of our football team!

I have to say the best part of homecoming has to be the dance.  Getting a dress, doing your hair, going to dinner, and having fun with friends are some of my favorite things to do :)  I love dancing with all of my friends and having a good time.  I don't always get the chance to hang out outside of ballet, but homecoming is one of the few times in the year I can get dressed up and dance for fun! :)

It's so hard to believe that this year was my last homecoming and that a year from now I will no longer be a student at Sparta High School.  I know that next year I won't be attending Sparta Area Schools anymore, but I will always be a Spartan and I will always have my Spartan Pride! :)

HAPPY HOMECOMING
~Em


2 comments:

  1. YOUR PICTURE IS SOOOOOO CUTE! I also enjoy the mock rock! I know you especially do because you are a dancer and help us out every year with it, much love for that! I totally forgot to include the dance in my blog post.... whoops.. (: yours is so good thought! It is so much to reflect on a senior. We totally rocked it out this year yo! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! I've loved being in mock rock with you. I'm glad you have had fun over the years!

    ReplyDelete